Solving soil interaction problems through a
fundamental science-based inquiry approach in a
creative, collaborative, and interdisciplinary environment.
Brina M. Mortensen, P.E.
1215 Bainer Hall
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Phone: (530) 752-3480
For comprehensive information: Download CV
My current research is focused on improving the undrained shear strength of saturated sands using microbial induced cementation.
- Senior Staff Engineer (2003-2006) - Lowney Associates, Inc., Mountain View, CA
- Graduate Student Researcher (2006-Present) – University of California, Davis
- Assistant Professor (Starting January 2012) - North Carolina State University; Raleigh, NC
- Ph.D. - University of California, Davis, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (Expected December 2011)
- Dissertation: Bio-Mediated Soil Improvement and the Effect of Cementation on the Identification, Behavior, Improvement,
and Performance of Sand
- Advisor: Jason T. DeJong, Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Davis, CA
- M.S. – University of California, Davis, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (September 2008)
- Thesis: Treatment Optimization for Microbial Induced Calcite Precipitation in Sands
- B.S. – California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department (June 2003)
Professional Civil Engineer: License No. 69226, California
For additional information download full CV