Solving soil interaction problems through a
fundamental science-based inquiry approach in a
creative, collaborative, and interdisciplinary environment.
Jason T. DeJong, Ph.D.
Civil & Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
3101 Engineering III
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Phone: (530) 754-8995
Fax: (530) 752-7872
For comprehensive information: Download CV
- Associate Professor (July 2007-present), Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Davis, CA.
- Assistant Professor (July 2005-July 2007), Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Davis, CA.
- Assistant Professor (January 2002-July 2005), Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
- National Science Foundation International Research Fellow (2001-2002), Center for Offshore Foundation Systems, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
- Research Assistant (1996-2001), Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Industry and Consulting Employment
- Schnabel Engineering (1998-2000)
Co-consultant on investigation of causes of failed cofferdam.
- Long, Weinberg, Ansley and Wheeler (1997)
o-consultant to determine validity of construction complaint of engineer design on Pickettville Road Landfill Site Remedial Construction.
- Taber Consultants Engineers and Geologists (1995-1996)
Staff engineer responsible for lab testing, field drilling and sampling, field classification, seismic survey, infiltration tests, on-site construction monitoring, monitoring well installation/sampling/monitoring.
- Ph.D. -- Georgia Institute of Technology, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (May 2001)
- M.S.C.E. -- Georgia Institute of Technology, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (December 1997)
- B.S.C.E. with High Honors -- University of California, Davis, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering (March 1996)
- @ University of California Davis
- Soil Mechanics -- ECI 171
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory -- ECI 171
- Advanced Soil Behavior -- ECI281B
- Advanced Foundation Design -- ECI 286
- @ University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Soil Mechanics -- CEE 320
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Laboratory -- CEE 365
- Ground Improvement -- CEE 523
- Scientific and Engineering Management -- CEE 797B & PSE797D
Professional Awards and Contributions
Honors and Awards
- ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) 2003 International Hogentogler Award, Best Paper of the Year Award for the ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, Reference: DeJong, J.T and Frost, J.D., (2002) "A Multi-Friction Sleeve Attachment for the Cone Penetrometer", ASTM Journal of Geotechnical Testing, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 111-127.
- Lilly Teaching Fellowship (2003-2004), Center for Teaching, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Sowers Outstanding Graduate Student Award (2001), Geosystems Group, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- ADSC Civil Engineering Graduate Study Scholarship (1998-99), American Drilled Shaft Contractors and International Association of Foundation Drilling
- Presidential Fellowship (1997-2001), Georgia Institute of Technology
- Schnabel Engineering Research Grant (1997), Schnabel Engineering
- Star Enterprise Fellowship (1996-98), Texaco-Star
- Dean's List, College of Engineering, University of California, Davis (1994-1996)
- American Society for Testing and Materials, Member
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Associate Member
- National Earthquake Engineering Simulation Consortium
- Sigma Xi, Associate Member
- Transportation Research Board, Young Member
- University States University Council on Geotechnical Education and Research, Member
- Editorial Board Member (2006-present) -- American Society for Testing and Materials, Journal of Geotechnical Testing
- Member & Secretary (2003-present) -- American Society of Civil Engineers, Soil Properties and Modeling Committee
- Member (2003-present) -- American Society of Civil Engineers, Engineering Geology and Site Characterization
- Member (2002-present) -- American Society for Testing and Materials, Committee D18.02 -- Sampling and Related Field Testing for Soil Evaluation
- Member (2002-present) -- American Society for Testing and Materials, Committee D18.05 -- Strength and Compressibility of Soils
- Young Member & Secretary (2002-2005) -- Transportation Research Board, Committee AFS20 -- Soils and Rock Instrumentation
- Editorial Board Member
American Society for Testing and Materials, Geotechnical Testing Journal
For additional information download full CV